Monday, June 6, 2011

You are Never Too Young (or Old)

I learned something from my 3-year-old son this past weekend...you can do anything no matter what your age. He just turned 3 in February and on Saturday he learned to ride his bike without training wheels in a matter of 20 seconds and then on Sunday he was trying to pop a wheelie! He actually got the front tire off the ground a little too! I mean for goodness sakes the kid is THREE!

So that really had me thinking...what is age? I mean are you ever too old or too young to try something? To do some event or activity? If you ask my son, I bet he would say no!

That's not to say that you should try to wear that mini skirt at the age of 75! There are obviously things that are age appropriate, but you should never not try something new because you think you are too young or too old. I know it's a cliche but life really is short. You should want to experience every possible thing you can in your lifetime. You don't want to wait until the end and then regret all the things you didn't do. As long as these things are harmful to yourself or to others or are illegal in any way, you should try it!

On my 27th birthday, my fiance and I went skydiving. We always wanted to and I will tell you I was pretty scared thinking about it, but then I saw this like 70-year-old grandma jump out of the plane and I was like there is no way in hell I can't do this! And I'm so glad I did because it was the absolute best experience I have ever had!

So Try....Experience...Enjoy! Live life to the fullest! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment