Thursday, June 2, 2011

Money Isn't Everything...Or Is it?

So there are tons of sayings and quotes about money:

  • Money isn't everything
  • The love of money is the root of all evil - Bible
  • Life shouldn't be printed on dollar bills. - Clifford Odets
We have all heard them and if you notice it's only those who have money that say money isn't everything! Here's an idea, why don't you try to live your normal (not beyond your means) life with less money and see what your thoughts are afterwards. 

It's too a point where everyone I know is in the same situation...financially unstable. We're not trying to live beyond our means, we are just trying to pay for the roof over our heads, food on the table, and clothes on our backs, yet it seems almost impossible. I look at the bills each month in disgust, I can go from a great mood to a very bad mood in a matter of a second when I notice that my paycheck is gone as soon as I get it and I still have tons of bills unpaid. I have cut corners everywhere, cable, phone, food, etc. I work overtime and try to earn extra cash elsewhere. I just don't know what to do anymore. 

I see these dumb articles posted on Yahoo on saving money and how this family paid off all of their bills in one year because they didn't do a damn thing all year. That's not living. Sorry.
I am going to have to agree with a Mr. George Bernard Shaw, a playwright, critic and Nobel Prize winner, when he said: 

"Lack of money is the root of all evil."
This is when all hell breaks loose and people will try just about anything to survive. If you have any ideas or experiences that worked on getting the bills paid and still living life...please let me know! I need to know that there is a silver lining because right now, I got nothing (literally). 

No comments:

Post a Comment